
OK, so we did not have the best seats but I think you can point out that Pope Benedict XVI is the one wearing white :). The room was full of people from all over the world. When the pope and cardinals adressed the audience they did it in every language represented on that day. People would cheer like they were at a football match. I felt so American in that I wasn't jumping on the chairs screaming for country pride. In fact, when they started spekaing English and announced some groups from the US that were in the audience, there were a few teenage French kids and a couple from another country that actually booed. It was horrible. But to be honest you really need to get out of the States to know what the world really thinks. Being in London has allowed me to experience this as well. You can't blame them really....I mean our administration has allowed these opinions to proliferate for good reason. Lord knows I did not vote for him. So when people booed I just kept calm and clapped. I mean really...we weren't at the FA Cup. :) Although I am sure Ratzinger would make quite the goalie!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home